The very lovely Cherlyn of Over a Cup of Coffee awarded this to me, for which I thank her very much and would award it back to her if that were permissible.
The rules are that for this award I’m supposed to give seven facts about myself and then pass the award onto other bloggers (however as I’m also not entirely sure how many, like Cherlyn I’ll just wing that part). And picking seven facts is difficult! So here goes..:
- I was once mistaken for ‘a real scientist’ by an awestruck sounding teen whilst pointing out some fossils in a cave to some friends;
- My latest nickname is ‘The Hamster Whisperer’;
- I’m one of those people random things happen to, like going for a walk in the woods in the UK and getting barked at by wolves, getting locked in Regent’s Park, poking at the dirt in a cave to bury some egg shells and finding an early Victorian clay pipe, or accompanying a friend to a charity mini moto event, and being asked to race by a British Superbike rider (and complete gent);
- Some say, when the Stig met me, he asked me if I wanted a photo with him. I was actually trying to get one of him in the cool vintage car, but oh well =) ;
- Not only do I know the difference between a turbo and a supercharger, but also between SOHC and DOHC even when on a V type engine, unlike my spell checker which only seems to recognise DOHC;
- My eyes change colour according to my mood, or just because they feel like confusing me, but usually it’s my mood;
- I’m apparently incapable of capsizing a sailing boat. Kyacks are easy, but the only time I’ve capsized a sail boat has been during drill when it took me two goes to capsize a Topper (which usually capsizes if you look at it the wrong way).
These are all true, although the capsizing one may change some day now I’ve said how I don’t.
The blogs I nominate are:
Ashley Newman (eschewing easy) Plenty of food for thought from book reviews to tips for life and business and so on.
Jowett (imonthebandwagon) Not a poetry blog, but an anonymous band and their transcribed conversations. One of the funniest blogs around, although sometimes they go a little too far.
Kain Belle Jangles (The Multitude of Meowings of Kain) Poetry, short stories, ramblings. One of my favourite storytellers just starting his blog-tales, some make me laugh, some make me cry, some make me think, but then again, I’ve read some of the work not yet posted.
I really ought to read more blogs, or at least, more blogs that haven’t won this yet. Geek that I am, I read web comics such as Sam and Fuzzy, Questionable Content or xkcd since I can squeeze a page of art in during lunch easily.