This was a brilliant idea from Tom over at ME, a dodgily named but very interesting blog you can find here. Unfortunately I had a bit of a finger-slip when scheduling this, so it has gone up a little late…SORRY! Essentially a number of blogs answer the same questions at exactly the same time.
2011 Meme Questions
1. As a blogger, what do you draw inspirations from for your posts?Life, the universe, every…no wait, that’s the Hitch-hikers’ Guide. I draw inspiration from the random things I see, the people I speak to and events that happen. Sometimes I just get an idea and run with it.
2. If you could swap blogs with another blogger for a post, who would you switch with and why?Either Kain because I know he would bring some great writing to the site, or if they promised not to go too mad, Jowett et al, as they are to blame the funniest blog I read with loads of fans, and who doesn’t want to boost their traffic?
3. If your blog had a theme song, what would it be? Why?I’d have to have a theme song composed for me by Truly Medley Deeply, most likely consisting of as many different musical genres as I could get in one medley. There’d be j-pop, battle metal, country, folk and rock most likely. A complete mishmash of ideas blended together. Just like the blog.
4. What is your writing process for a post?It varies depending on what has been happening during the day before my evening update. Sometimes I’ll have written a poem in advance or stumbled across an old one of mine and know that’s the one to use for that post. Other times I’ll sit at my laptop and see what happens. As for the rambling at the start of each poem, that just happens as it happens.
5. Your blog requires a cute, new, mascot – what would it be?My hamster Tribble. He’s an albino imperfect long-haired Syrian hamster with attitude, looks a bit like a scruffy miniture polar bear according to some of my friends.
6. Do you feel you express your “true self” on your blog?I guess as it’s a poetry blog I have to, my rhymes come from my heart for the most part. Although having said that, some of the really personal ones I’ve written over the years I’m holding back, but I do things like that offline too.
7. What is your biggest online pet-peeve?It has to be attacking an author or artist for their work because you don’t like where they’re going with it or they didn’t take their style/plot the way you wanted it to go or thought it should go. If you don’t like it, either lump it or stop reading it, no one is making you. Just because your online persona is talking to another online persona, doesn’t mean there isn’t a real person being hurt by your comments. Although excessive use of text speak and general laziness with spelling and grammar (although I know I’m far from perfect) bug me somewhat too.
8. If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you live? Why?I’m quite taken with the whole Pern universe (Anne and lately Todd McCaffrey), especially as a few of my friends and I use terms of reference taken from that series in our conversations. The whole idea of a primarily peaceful and agrarian society appeals to me, plus, who wouldn’t want a fire lizard?
9. You’re having a bad day, you’re upset, you’re angry, or you’re sad – what is your go-to comfort?Tea, every time.
10. What is your favorite inspirational quote?Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I may have put off several readers here, but I truly love this quote and yes I do read my bible and attend church. That is part of who I am.
11. If they were to make a movie based on your life, who would play you, your leading lady/man, your best friend, and your rival?It would really help if I knew the whole who is who in acting more. She’s a touch short to do it, but I’d probably end up being played by Keira Knightley. Some of my friends have suggested there’s a strong similarity of appearance between the two of us. There really really isn’t, I just happened to be wearing a slightly piratical hat and carrying two swords at the time. I don’t have a leading man at present, so that role will have to wait and see. As for my best friends, well if Gerard Butler can pull off the ginger look and bike leathers, he’d play Steve and as for Gemma…any petite sassy actresses with bags of style around? Trying not to offend them with the choices either. As far as rivals go, I don’t have them, so we don’t need to go casting them.
12. Do you think the world is going to end in 2012?Just because the Myans ran out of room does not mean the world is going to end. I suspect it won’t, but at the same time, who knows how long is left?
13. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?It would have to be something pretty superficial otherwise I wouldn’t be me any more. I sometimes toy with the idea of going very dramatic in terms of hair colour, but at the end of the day I’m happy with me as me, for all that I’ll sometimes gripe about some feature or other.
14. What is your favorite season and why?Autumn. I’m an autumn baby and I love it. There are so many great days to walk which aren’t too hot as they can often be in summer, and if you time it right, you can eat with ease as you walk if there are apples and blackberries and such around. The colours are beautiful and you know that the winter with all the fun of snowball fights and sledging is just around the corner.
15. You’ve been bitten by a vampire. Would you fight it with all your undead being or would you embrace it for all it is worth?Definitely fight, I’d’ve been fighting before I was bitten and why change? Thankfully I like plenty of garlic in my diet so maybe it wouldn’t take anyway.
16. Have you personally met any of your blogger friends?A couple of them, and both were friends first and bloggers later. Who knows, that could all change one day, I may end up interviewing them or something!
17. What does your favorite pair of underwear look like?That’s for me to know and you to ponder.
18. Have you ever drank something right from the container in the refrigerator knowing other people will have to drink out of the same container later?Quite probably, but I generally don’t if I know others will be using it later. Even if I’m the only one I rarely do that as it is, don’t know why, just prefer to make more washing up I guess.
19. What is your favorite word and explain why?Flibbertigibbet. Just sit there and say it out loud, you’ll see why.
20. 2011 is soon coming to a close, is there anything you’d like to do different on your blog in the year 2012?Nothing too drastic, toying with the idea of adding more art to posts, either my own doodles or photos, especially ones which have inspired or are of the inspiration behind the rhyme in question. The theme may change, depending on if I find a theme better suited to what I want to do. Just so long as I can add in a contact me form to make it easier for readers to get in touch, that will probably be the biggest change. Oh, and depending on monies, I may get my own domain, will certainly make typing the address easier! Tentative plans are also developing to publish a book and host a poetry reading at some point in 2012, it depends on interest (I have about five sales confirmed) and costs. Then again, the world may have ended and none of this will matter 😉
2011 Community Network Meme Participation ListBetwixt And Between
Insignificant At Best
Kay At The Keyboard
Courage To Change
I Shall Be A Toad
Finding The Humor
Over A Cup Of Coffee
Curiosity Killed The KAT
Walking The Labyrinth
Life Of Carbon
How Can I Complain?
Morning Erection 2tha9s